The ORC Single Plate Clutch System 409 series clutch is rated to 420Nm and designed for lightly tuned performance cars. This series consists of a reinforced clutch system based on Ogura racing experience. Each vehicle application is designed individually based on the concept of strength & lightweight.
- ORC's 173 mm diameter small disk is suitable for torque transmission of 100kgfm & above.
- The ORC systems uses the driving-hub clutch system.
- The ORC system will improve the number of connecting shafts from 5 to 9 between the clutch cover, plate & flywheel.
- The ORC improve the mating of the clutch cover with the plates by using a circular disk rather than a pentagon shaped disk. The circular shaped clutch cover & plates distribute the sudden torque generated evenly and will prevent the deformation of the clutch parts.
- Slits are incorporated to the pressure plate & middle plate to dissipate heat, and protect them from warping due to excessive heat during hard driving.
- The parts in the ORC clutch system are checked for its reliability & durability for strength in simulation using sophisticated Finite Element Method Analysis computer software.
- All Ogura flywheel (ORC-FW) are designed specifically for each individual vehicle model. This is done via a thorough study of each engine model by collecting test & research data.
- All ORC-FW are designed to be strong as well as lightweight using forged using a high grade SCM435 Chrome-molybdenum steel.
- As per the ORC systems, all ORC-FW are tested for their strength & durability using the Finite Element Method Analysis.
- Standard Type rated to 420Nm (43kgf-m)
- High Friction Type rated to 450Nm (45kgf-m) (B in the code)